Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

In West Philadelphia, born and raised...

Yes, I’m a sports junkie. Yes, I was born and raised in Philadelphia. Yes, I was at The Vet for the 15-14 World Series game (Phillies loss, thanks in large part to Paul Molitor’s t-ball-like stats), and the 2002 NFC Championship (Eagles loss, thanks in large part to Joe Jeruvicius’s open field wind-sprints). I cried when Michael Jack hit 500 at Three Rivers in ‘87, and when Joe Carter hit 1 at the Skydome in ’93. I can’t help but feel at home when Harry The K’s voice over enhances a Campbell’s Soup spot, or when Jaws breaks down a ‘Cover 2 Zone,’ on Monday Night Countdown.

But, while I’ll always stand by my home teams, I’ll always be honest…

The Cheese Whizard promises to agree with the simple fact that Andy Reid is a big game choke artist; that 10,000 losses is a disgrace; that trading Bowa and Ryne Sandberg to the Cubs for Ivan DeJesus was a minor catastrophe in a long-line of misjudged talent; that Lindros was a concussed idiot, and Brind’Amour was a hero; that Iverson should have learned to ‘practice;’ that Westbrook will never be enough; and that Dalessandro’s makes a better steak than Jim’s, Pat’s or Geno’s; that so many things that so many people say are just flat out wrong...

But if you want to, “Keep it Real,” then let’s go ahead and, “Keep it Real…”

1 comments:

Newer Post Home