Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

...WHILE YOU WERE AWAY...


The Cheese Whizard is back. And before I can even begin to apologize for the absence, we must discuss a crucial off-season incident.


After some of The Cheese Whizard's articles were considered for use in both The Philadelphia Inquirer and The Philadelphia Daily News last October, the winter (and a move from Los Angeles to San Francisco) forced an extended hiatus, during which, an impostor, by the human name David Murphy (an employee for philly.com) concocted a blog space called "High Cheese."

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillies/

Hmmmmm. I'm not sayin. I'm just sayin.

So I ask you, my loyal followers, the three or four of you who read this, you, who have missed these email blasts since the day they stopped coming - thanks mom, dad - I ask you to decide what should be done with the very name under which I write. Do we keep the Cheese Whizard, in the face of this alleged impostor? Or, do we dare to choose another name, and remain an original, among clones? Help me out here. I want responses.

So, I'm back, and it wasn't the Phils, it wasn't Tom Watson, it wasn't Alex Selma's flamboyant Lakers parade that brought me back. It was the USA's 30-23 victory over Canada in the Men's Slow Pitch Softball 'Border Battle.'

Pass me a brew, The Cheese is back.

5 comments:

perhaps one needs to be familiar with philadelphia sports culture to understand the affinity towards cheese, but in my humble, island influenced opinion, it won't hurt you to change your handle. that being said, my lakers paid for their gay parade, so they are entitled to it. how's that elton brand signing working out for the sixers?

July 19, 2009 at 1:09 AM  

Cheese Whizard, oh Cheese Whizard, you truly own the name......don't change it just because of that hack who can't get out of Philly. There are very good reasons why the Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News are in bankruptcy. I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.

July 19, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

I say stick old school...it's all about the whiz.

July 22, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

david murphy sucks

July 30, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

Don't change it! And btw, you have at least 6 readers...

-kittles

August 30, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home